Wednesday, November 8, 2017

LIFE IN BRISBANEIMG_7891 (1).JPG

I decided for this blog I would tell you about life in Brisbane, so here it goes. Every day I wake up and do some math. Then my mom and I go out somewhere in the city. Next, we come back and do some work. Around 3 I will head down to swimming. After swimming, we have dinner and repeat the day again. Brisbane has been my home for the last three months.


In Brisbane, we live in a small apartment. In the apartment, we have four rooms: the kitchen/livingroom, my room, my mom’s room, and the bathroom. We live 5 minutes from the campus, which means it is really easy to go to swimming and lectures. My favorite part of my apartment is how small it is. I like how small it is because you realize how much you actually don’t need in your life. We have a few clothes, some books, sketchbooks and my computer. Pretty simple.

IMG_8222.JPG

The population of Brisbane is 2.4 million people, and the city is full of fun things to do and see. My favorite parts of the city are the street art, the CityCat and all of the museums. In Australia, there are many kinds of art. Street art is all over the city. When you walk along the river you pass beautiful masterpieces that don’t really make sense. Street art can be a lot of things, it can be a face, or a landscape, or even a statement that can hopefully affect the whole community. Example: street art in Brisbane can be the bridges that light up at night in different colors, or the sculptures around the city, even an abstract piece of artwork painted somewhere under a bridge. You can see it when you drive to the airport or even walking to the CityCat.

The CityCat is a ferry that takes you up and down the Brisbane River. The Brisbane River runs through the middle of Brisbane and divides the city between the north and south sides. The CityCat ferry is a fun way to get around the city instead of taking the bus. You can just hop on the ferry and get off at any of the 18 stops.

At UQ I swim in their club team. Swimming here is so different from at home. Here we swim in a 50-meter pool instead of a 25-yard pool and we do dryland training every practice. The pool we swim in is outside, which means the only way we get out of practice is if there is a lightning storm outside. Many times we keep swimming in the pool even if there is rain (and a little thunder)!

IMG_7343.JPG
     

1 comment:

  1. Dear Clio, your description of Brisbane makes me want to come visit. How is the weather now?
    I suppose it must be warm enough to be swimming outdoors? with what age group do you practice?
    So much to talk about when you come home. Waiting to see you and mom.
    Love and kisses, AYA

    ReplyDelete