Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Poems


I would like to say how much I miss my brother Emil and my friends from school. I also want to wish you a good year at school.
Poems

Since I’ve been in Australia, I’ve gotten into writing short poems inspired by songs I hear. I pick a song, and from a line or a phrase I create a short poem from it. I thought it would be cool  to share them with you.

So here it goes. The first one is from Paul Kelly - From Little Things Big Things Grow. I heard this song in the car, when my family was driving from Darwin to Litchfield National Park. That’s the park where the termite mounds were. If you don’t remember, check out my old blog post. This song is about the Aboriginal people trying to get back there land. Here’s my poem:

I am not one big thing,
I am many little things woven together.

The next song is from Mumford and Sons - White blank page.

A blank page is the difference between history and  the unwritten future.

The poem I wrote was inspired from a song by Lisa Mitchell - Neopolitan Dreams.

I turn my head up to the sky
I see you flying high.

I also have another poem I wrote, it goes like this:

When I close my eyes
all I see is light,
but when I open them
all I see is darkness.

Here are the songs that inspired me so you can listen to them.

From Little thing dig things grow - www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ndC07C2qw





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful poems!

    I particularly like : "A blank page is the difference between history and the unwritten future." Having a blank page can be scary, but it is also full of possibility...

    You are building a great collection - maybe you can publish them one day?

    Love, Theia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poems are amazing and express very mature ideas. Love them!
    kisses, AYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog looks awesome! Wish I was there with you! I especially like the poems.
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete